Ah, the end of the year : this holiday period during which we gather with our family and/or loved ones again. But it is all the more a period that marks the end of an era : that of 2021, which opens the door to another year that we hope to be better ! And, of course, for all of you music fans who spend time on streaming platforms, it’s also time for the music recaps of the year : whether it’s Spotify’s Wrapped or Apple Music’s Replay, it’s an opportunity to dive back into the tracks we have listened to the most this year.
In order to celebrate in a similar way what has now become a tradition for these streaming platforms, we’ve decided to ask our entourage – whether they are artists, label managers, artist managers, journalists or even from readers – what were the tracks & songs that have impacted them the most in 2021. Whether recent or not, as long as they were a source of dopamine or comfort, we included them in our playlist ! Here’s a long & eclectic tracklist in which we also have added our personal favorites of the year !
This playlist also ends the advent calendar that we had set up throughout the month of December on our mobile app, and which will be available on the website at the beginning of January. Thank you all for participating, merry Christmas for those who celebrate it and happy holiday !
- The Limit – Darkside (recommended by Thérèse)
- The Shift – Aparde (recommended by thems)
- Changed for the Better – Weval (recommended by Lydsten)
- Restart – Ekonopolis (recommended by Vincent from Itinéraire Bis)
- Effeminacy – Sega Bodega (recommended by Agnès Aokky)
- Good Ones – Charli XCX (recommended by hauméa magazine)
- ALIEN LOVE CALL – Turnstile feat. Blood Orange (recommended by Flavio de La Vague Parallèle)
- Mt Baker – Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith, from the @0 compilation by Coldcut (recommended by Jessica Roch)
- Leave Everything – Scarlett (recommended by Charlotte Cegerra de VoxAxoV)
- Outside – Parcels (recommended by Rouge Nénufar)
- 0594 Help – Haich Ber Na (recommended by Philomena)
- Pushkin’s Garland: Reveille (recommended by Irène Drésel)
- BEAU – CORPS (recommended by Lola Audebaud, music press officer)
- Les sunlights des tropiques – Suna (recommended by Marin from Arty Magazine)
- Erotive – Mathilde Fernandez (recommended by hauméa magazine)
- A Kiss – Celeste (recommended by Mathieu from La Distillerie Musicale)
- A Story of Love – Jane’s Death (recommended by Eric from HomeCooking Share)
- Sweet – Porridge Radio (recommended by the hauméa community)
- The Beachland Ballroom – IDLES (recommended by the hauméa community)
- Into the Storm – Gojira (recommended by the hauméa community)
- Skin – Mac Miller (recommended by the hauméa community)
- Jour Meilleur – Orelsan (recommended by the hauméa community)
- Pas personnel – Mr GISCARD (recommended by Charles from La Face B)
- Spirituel – Georgio (recommended by the hauméa community)
- Vitamins – Qveen Herby (recommended by hauméa magazine)
- illa illa – B.I (recommended by the hauméa community)
- OYAPOK – Mr GISCARD (recommended by the hauméa community)
- Brand New Drop – Addison Groove (recommended by Joffrey de Enlace Records)
- I’m Fine (IMANU Remix) – Apashe, High Classified, IMANU (recommended by Maryam of Outsiders Paris)
More playlists are available on our Spotify profile. If you enjoyed listening to this playlist, head over our “Interviews” category and browse our “listening to…” interviews !